Are You Making These Outfit Mistakes?
This post below contains affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer in the menu or at the end of the post. I used to be a huge culprit of many of these outfit mistakes below. Looking back I wish I knew then what I know now. Here are some outfit mistakes that you might be making.
1. Over Accessorizing- We all love our jewelry but wearing too much can ruin your style. For example, wearing a bunch of gold layered necklaces, large gold earrings and then a bunch of gold bracelets is too much and can ruin your look. Instead, minimize and wear less. Less is definitely more. In the pic, I,m wearing a necklace only, with my white top and it gives off a nice clean look.
2. You get dressed for work in your beautiful suit and accessories including your very lovely purse but you also have another accessory, a grocery plastic bag with perhaps an extra pair of shoes, your lunch sandwich, snacks, etc. This completely ruins your look. Rather than carrying the extra items in a plastic bag, I would suggest using a structured tote, or one nice bag that's large enough to fit everything that's in your purse plus your extras. Such as the ones here.
3. Wearing hair elastics around your wrist!. Hair elastics are for hair, not a bracelet. This completely throws your look off and ruins it. To be honest, my daughter and I are huge culprits. We love our hair elastics on our wrists and for proof check out our logo pic on the site. We were both wearing one and I wish we weren't, but luckily we had our backs turned so outfits were not ruined. I,ve ruined several pics and outfits because I had the elastic on my wrist so I had to do a retake. I am doing my very best to remember to stash it in my pocket or purse instead. The best thing to do is wear a nice simple watch or a bracelet instead and stash the elastic in your pocket.
4. Not ironing your clothes, even if it's a simple T-Shirt, will definitely ruin your look. I know this may be a bit controversial and we are not supposed to judge anyone by the clothes they wear but the truth is people often judge you by your appearance. Imagine going for an interview or on a first date and your clothes is nice and clean but crushed. That could be a huge dealbreaker or a turn-off. If you are too busy or too lazy to iron your clothes, try investing in a steamer or try a wrinkle release spray. I have personally used both and they do a fairly decent job.
5. Last but certainly not least-Not cutting the hanger straps off your clothes after purchasing. While wearing your outfit these straps tend to show when you least expect it and can be very annoying and ruin your look. Yes, they are very handy to hang some types of clothing however, you could simply attach them back to your clothes with safety pins to hang them and take them off when ready to wear.
I use affiliate links, pay-per-click, and pay-per-purchase programs and I may also take on sponsorships or partnerships with companies that I enjoy their product or services. This means I receive a small commission every time you click on or purchase through a shopping link here on the website. Thank you so much for your time here and support. I appreciate it. Please be sure to read the disclaimer section on the site.